Is the use of hot stamping foils on packaging environmentally friendly? We can assure you that, yes, foil stamping is eco-friendly and you should have no concerns about any negative long-term effects that your designs will have on the environment.
- Foil stamping is a totally dry, solvent free process.
- Paper & board that has been foil stamped can be recycled.
- To be absolutely sure, two independent studies were conducted to determine the biodegradability and the recyclability of foil stamped paper.
- Foil has no visible effects in slowing down the rate of biodegradation of the paper & board.
- Foil also does not affect the repulpability of the paper substrate. A study carried out by FSEA/PIRA has found that the foil, like ink, can be successfully removed by the flotation de-inking process with no particles remaining once the paper was re-pulped.